Welcome
In the late 1700s what was to become Monroeville was nothing more than a few scattered farms. In the more than 200 years that have passed, Monroeville has become a thriving suburban center of commerce and home to some 30,000 residents. On this site the Monroeville Historical Society presents the story of our community.
In these pages you will find the surprisingly rich history of Monroeville as told in words and pictures.
We invite you to spend a little time with us, get to know Monroeville, and consider joining the historical society in its mission to preserve and foster our community’s historical heritage.
The Society’s meetings are held monthly (except in February and December) on the third Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. at the Monroeville Public Library. The public is invited to attend.
A complete listing of activities and events may be found by clicking on the "Events" page. For correspondence, click on the "Contact Us" page.
Please see the "Books and Articles" page for the FREE online publications that are available.
See our "Newsletter" page to keep up-to-date with the society.
Zarrella House in 2006.
Samuel King Beatty (c. 1850).
Urick farm. The Urick's raised turkeys and the gentlemen seen here were friends, or "hangers-on" who, according to family lore, came to the farm every weekend to "freeload." c. 1930.
Miracle Mile. c. 1960.
Hugh Maxwell (1800-1860).
Fourth of July celebrations at Grimm Farm, on Tilbrook Road.
Milk Bottle from Johnston's Dairy Farm (1908-1980). The Johnston's were among the very first settlers in Monroeville; their original land grant dating back to 1789. In 1908, the family farm went into the dairy business, opening a dairy store on their property on the southern side of Northern Pike.
The Haymaker/Maxwell House (c.1793) in 1946.
Originally the home of William N. Haymaker at 1256 Northwestern Drive, off Haymaker Road.
St. Bernadette's School in Garden City.
Route 22 near Center Rd. (Ruby's Cleaners on left). c. 1960.
Miracle Mile. c. 1950.
Samuel Beatty Homestead on Logan's Ferry Road, built in 1901. ca.1940.
Crowd at Burke Glen with the "Speedhound" roller coaster at the right.
Mary Sadler Johnston.
Horseback riders in Turnpike Gardens. 1962.
Monroeville Mall - interior, c. 1980.
School children with Jean Young, teacher, at Mt. Pleasant School. Patton Township, 1908-1909.
Burke Glen Amusement Park (c. 1930).
Hugh Maxwell (1842- ).
Ice skating Rink in Monroeville Mall in 1983. (closed in 1983).
Coal Mine near modern day Caruso Plan in 1920s.
Temple David Synagogue on Northern Pike in 2009.
Monroeville Mall. c. 1970.
Chin's Taki Outi on William Penn Hwy (near Center Road) c. 1970.
John Maxwell (1832-1867).
Dora Urick, collecting eggs from her chicken house on the Urick farm. Dora is collecting the eggs in her apron, which is the way she always collected them, never in a basket. This picture was taken in the early 30s. The chicken house was located on the lower part of Urick Lane across from Urick Court.
Northern Pike towards Route 22. c.1990.
"The District" at Monroeville Mall. 2005.
Cross Roads Meeting House (The original church building). c. 1880
"Toodles" guarding Hill Crest Farm.
Sarah Sylves Thompson with Former Councilman James Mirro.
Rovesti and Bruce Houses on Patton St. Ext. c. 1910.
Monroeville School in 1909.
San Juan Motel in the late 1940s.
Red Coach Inn.
Terrace Motel. c. 1960.
Family outing at Burke Glen. 1937.
Old Stone Church. c. 1900.
James King Snodgrass and Annie McGinley Snodgrass in 1934.
Water Fountain at Monroeville Mall - 1978.
The Herb Garden at McGinley House. c. 1990.
Cole's Cottage Booklet c.1950.
Miller/Solomon Farm. - 1957. Clara Louise with two children (Harry to the right). In background is summer kitchen.
Gimble's Department store at the anchor slot at the west end of Monroeville Mall. c. 1970.
Family outing at Grimm farm on Tilbrook Road.
Elsie Strochein Johnston with George Robert and Edythe Johnston.
Monroeville Public Library before opening in 1964.
Leonora Beatty
Route 22. Pittsburgh Dry Cleaners. c. 1990.
WABCO workers houses on Boyd's Hill in 2006.
Maxwell Farm barn in 1946.
Miracle Mile (aerial view). 1985.
Route 22 west from overpass. c. 1950.
Route 22 at Center Road; looking east. c. 1990.
Zayre's Shopping Plaza on Route 22.
Olivia and Evelyn Treher at Hill Crest Farm.
Wilkinsburg-Pittsburgh Air Park (Monroeville Airport). c. 1950.
Fountains in Monroeville Mall from second floor. 1969.
School at Haymaker and Saunder's Station in 1927.
Johnston's Dairy Farm, established in the late 1700s, was the oldest family farm in continuous operation in Monroeville. It finally went out of business in the early 1980s, and the land along Monroeville Blvd. was sold to developers.
Route 48 view North. 1995.
Monroeville Mall - Pub Lounge.
Evelyn and jane Treher at Hill Crest Farm. 1918.
The Monroeville Expo Mart. 2005.
Adeth Jeshurn Congregation and Jewish Center, 3815 Northern Pike. 2005.
Northern Pike & Mosside Blvd. 1971.
Former Saw Mill on Thompson Run Road, now Eles Brothers Cement Co. 2005.
Bradley House, 2340 Saunders Station Rd. Home of the Geroge Smith family in 1941.
McGinely House (Modernized) in 1963.
James Albert and Catherine Alberta Zimmerman (c.1914) with children on the family farm on Old Texas Road.
Directional sign for Burke Glen amusement park located on Wm Penn Hwy. (1926-1974).
Miracle Mile in 2005.
Monroeville Mall recently completed in 1970.
MacGregor Stone Bridge near Old Wm. Penn Hwy.
Ticket for Burke Glen amusement park.
Robert Thompson House (razed) on Beatty Road (near present day University Park and College park Drives).
Brunner Farm House in 2005.
Max and Elizabeth Miller (top left) with family and friends. 1932.
Log Cabin at 205 Kenmar Drive - originaly built as Hunting Lodge for Jake Shafley in 1939.
Beatty's Restaurant and Gulf Gas Station on Old Wm Penn Hwy near Center Road. c. 1948.
Harry Solomon with trotter and sulky on the farm's racetrack.
George M. Johnston , wife Anne, and sister Mary Agnes, with Bertha and Mary. 1895.
Taylor's Auction Barn near routes 22 and 48. c. 1950.
North American Martyrs Catholic Church. 2005.
Garden City in 2006.
Pittsburgh Outdoor Theater, on route 22 near route 48, in the late 1940s.
Speelman (McCollough) Farm House (c. 1840). At 2215 Monroeville Road, as it appeared in the 1970s (Razed).
Miller/Solomon Farm - McGinley House. Truck in front of tool house; building in back is chicken coop.
Cross Roads Presbyterian Meeting House (original church building). c.1890.
Bellwood School - class of 1924.
Monroeville's Time Capsule on display at Monroeville Mall in 1976.
Old Stone Church. 1915.
Robert and Mary Thompson.
Burke Glen Amusement Park.
George C. Johnston and family, c. 1899.
Monroeville's Adderly district. 2002.
Smith Family gathering at the Bradley House on Saunders Station Road. c. 1940.
Sarah Sylves (Thompson) with her mother in the early 1900s.
WPSL, Monroeville's radio station. c. 1970. The station signed on the air in September 1964 with call letters taken from the name of the founder. Punchy Sylvis Leib. When she died, her sister Sarah Sylves Thompson, took over as President of The Monroeville Broadcasting Company. The station was sold to out-of-town interests, and the call letters changed in 1980.
Miracle Mile. c. 1950.
Old Stone Church interior â altar in 2013
Kuehn's dairy farm. c.1970.
Louisa Vercelli on the Vercelli Farm - September 1936.
Wedding at Old Stone Church.
Grimm Farmhouses on Tilbrook Road.
George M. Johnston, with wife,Ann; sister, Mary Agnes, and daughters Bertha and May in 1895.
James McCully built this house on James St. Extension in the 1790s. (later, the Johnston Family's residence). Photo c.1920's
Local traffic on Pitcairn Rd. c. 1920.
Johnny Garneau's Restaurant and smorgasbord on Route 22.
Westinghouse Air Brake Company Housing at Boyd Hill shortly after construction in 1918.
Holiday House.
The Chandler House in 2006.
Glen Cole at the Atlantic gas station on Old Route 22.
Joe Taylor family. c. 1900.
Union High School in 1913. (2nd row, 2nd from left - Leonora Beatty Warner).
Conley's Motel on Route 22.
Mt. Pleasent School. c. 1920.
Roy Chester Elliott (1896-1980) with his Ford Model T.
Miracle Mile in 2005.
Miracle Mile with Kroger's.
The Kiren stone house on McKinney Road in 2008.
Robert Maxwell (1840-1928).
Garden City Swimming Pool.
Claire Nissen, Organist at the San Juan Motel. 1948.
The Speed Hound Roller coaster at Burke Glen. c. 1930.ÿ (Photo courtesy of the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh).
Johnston family hauling Time Capsule in parade in 1976.
Robert Pitcairn (1836-1909). When it became apparent that the PRR’s Pittsburgh Yards at 28th Street were much too small to accommodate the large number of trains expected for expanded operations, Robert Pitcairn, Superintendent of the Railroad’s Pittsburgh Division, began to look for more open space to relocate the Pittsburgh yard. In 1874, he ordered the purchase of 215 acres of land in the Turtle Creek Valley. The new rail yards would grow into a sprawling works; the Yard, and the surrounding town, would come to bear his name.
Leonora Beatty Warner.
Red Coach Inn.
C. M. Graham (1808-1890).
Garden City Center in 1970s
Clugston School in 1908.
Holiday Inn off of Route 48.
USAF Rockets on display at the opening of the Monroeville Mall. 1969.
James McCully built this house on James St. Extension in the 1790s. (later, the Johnston Family's residence). Photo c.1880's.
Samuel Gillis, with Paul, Wilimar and Genevieve in 1926.
LaBarbe - Old Wm Penn Hwy. - 1970s
Cole's Custard Stand on Route 48.
A Cole Automobile on a national sales tour is displayed in Pitcairn in 1910.
George Bachman (1873-1934) was a butcher by trade who had a small store at the corner of Maine Street and Monroeville Road (near Turtle Creek) in the early 1900s. The family-owned store was in business for many years, finally closing in 1948.
Monroeville Public Library. c. 1980.
Luzader's 22 Motel.
Monroeville Municipal Building in the 1970s.
The Haymaker/Maxwell House (c.1793) in 1976.
Originally the home of William N. Haymaker at 1256 Northwestern Drive, off Haymaker Road.
Maxwell Farm with "Babe". c. 1940.
Ramsey Elementary School. 2005.
Thomas McMasters McElroy and his wife Emily Mattox McElroy.
Originally the Anthony residence, this structure designed by noted architect Henry Hornsbostelÿ for a site along Aber's Creek, was called "Valley Tower."
Widening of Monroeville Blvd. in 1970.
Monroeville Mall (aerial view). c. 1980
Miracle Mile with Thrift Drugs in 1987.
Thokar House in 2006.
Monroevile Mall - G. C. Murphy Co.
Route 22 facing East in the early 1950s.
Cole's Cottage at Route 22 and Stroschien Rd. in 1947.
Radisson Hotel near Monroeville Mall. 2005. (Currently a DoubleTree)
"Zayre's Plaza" with Monroe Theater - 1968.
Clair Chandler at McCully house. c. 1990.
Theresa Kiren in front of the Kiren House.
Gravel Business - Old Wm Penn Hwy.
Greyhound Bus Station at Zayre's Plaza on Route 22. c. 1980.
"Gene's Waterfall" off Strochein Road. 1998.
Manor house, 2446 Johnston Rd., May1988.
Route 22 at Stroschien Rd. in 2005.
Route 22 looking west (with Luzader's 22 Motel on left). c.1960.
Miracle Mile Shopping Center in the 1960s.
Clugston School on Beatty Road.
Advertisement for the Monroeville Mall's Ice Palace.
Women of Cross Roads Church. c. 1915.
James Maxwell (1836-1862).
Lois Lyman in the McGinely House Herb Garden. c. 1980.
Belwood Recreation Center
James McCully built this house on James St. Extension in the 1790s. (later, the Johnston Family's residence). Has been extensively restored by the Bill Johnson family for whom it now serves as a residence.
Center Road at Route 22. c. 1990.
Methodist Church. c. 1980.
Miller/Solomon farm - Miller Family in the 1950s.
Putt-putt Miniature Golf Course. 2005.
Sunrise Inn on Route 22. c. 2000.
MacGregor Road Stone Bridge. c. 1970.
Garden City under construction in 1956.
Salamon Brother's Super Market at Route 22 and Center Road. c. 1940.
Zayre's on Route 22 - 1970s
Northern Pike Shopping Center at Route 48. 1970s.
Northern Pike Elementary School. c. 1970.
Gulf Gas Station located on the southwest corner of Old Route 22 and Center Road. In the late 1950s, the station was owned by the Hamilton family.
Monroeville's Time capsule in 1976 with Eugen Bloch, Project Supervisor, Hamill Mfg. Co.
Billy Speelman on Parson (The Pittsburgh Press Sunday Roto Aug, 25, 1945).
McGinley House. c. 1980.
Beatty's Resaurant and Gulf Station on Route 22 at Strochein Rd. c. 1948.
La Barbe Resaurant c. 1970.
Route 22 heading east at Center Road. c. 1950.
Loaded hay wagon on the Beatty Farm on Logan's Ferry Road in 1945.
The auto is being used to advertise Waner's Auto Repair on Northern Pike. The Warner farmhouse (once the Rising Sun Inn) is seen in the background of this 1920s photo.
Old Stone Church (interior). 2006.
Penn-Super Pharmacy on Route 22, with Joann Schwartzmiller at the Soda Fountain. c. 1950.
The Householder Family on Tilbrook Road near the Grimm Farm in the late 1920s.
Evergreen Elementary School - 1970s.
The Logan House on Tilbrook Rd. in 2006.
Holiday House - Main Dining Room.
Miracle Mile Shopping Center. 1960s.
Ed and Cathy Johnston with their daughter and the family's Clydesdales in 1976 parade.
Garden City Shopping Center. c1960.
Zayre's in "Zayre's Plaza" in the 1960s.
Robert Maxwell (1840-1928).
Charles Vercelli on the Vercelli Farm - Summer 1935.
George R. Johnston and his Piper Cub. c. 1940.
Harold "Chick" Clugston with his car on the family farm. c. 1930.
The Schafer Farmhouse in 2005.
Monroeville Municipal building. 1998.
Horace W. "Hook" Warner (1897-1985). "Mr. Monroeville" -- a leader in community development and founder of the Monroeville Chamber of Commerce (seen here in a 1953 photo).
The Old Windmill Restaurant and Gravity Fill station on Old Route 22. c. 1930.
Miracle Mile. c. 1950.
Union Railroad's Hall Shops. 2005.
Teresa and James Mirro with James Jr., in 1950.
Piles of strip mine tailings created a "swimming hole" for local children in the 1930s and 40s. Pictured are Catherine Wray and her cousin, Jimmy Wray.
William and Mary Haymaker c. 1865. (Courtesy Library and Archives Division, Historical Society of Western PA.).
Looking south across Route 22 before Cochran Motors in 2001.
Monroeville's first municipal building in 1957.
Crowds gathered for the regular Horseshows held at the Speelman Farm in at the "upper ring" near Speelman St. and Miller Ave. in the 1950s.
Brookside Mobile Home Park in 2006.
Union Railroad Tracks from Route 22.
James "Jimmy" Mirro c. 1970.
On Northern Pike towards Route 22. c. 1950.
The McCully Log House being re-constructed on the McGinley property by MHS members and other volunteers. (John McCully)
Joseph Taylor (in coveralls) owner of Taylor's Auction Barn. c. 1950.
Union Railroad train unloading scrap at US Steel's Duquesne works.
Beatty Farm Meat Market on Old William Penn Hwy in 1952.
Rebecca Carlisle with Nellie Bishop Gillis and Evelyn Treher Gillis.
Maxwell Family (Helen,Jack, Dick & Joan) with "Buckskin" in 1946.
Young's Grocery and Gas Station, near James St. c.1930. (rear view).
"Jingles" (owner: Gerri Tucker) at Miller/Solomon Farm. 1962.
Amantea House, 485 Hillside Ave. Guiseppe and Filomena Amantea came from Italy to settle in Patton Township where they bought a house and 23 acres in 1918. The family went on to build and run a number of local businesses. In time a portion of the land was sold to become the Rush Valley subdivision of homes, while another portion was donated by the Amantea family to the Municipality of Monroeville as a land conservancy named Mosside Slopes. Rose Amantea is shown here in front of the family's original 3-room house.
Greyhound Bus (type MCI-9, Americuriser) at Monroeville Mall Bus Stop. 2005.
R.J. Lee Company on Hochberg Rd. 2005.
Cheripka House in 2006.
Alpine Village in 2006.
Wedding in the Old Stone Church.
Beauty Supply Salon at Rt. 22 and Center/Monroeville Trestle Rd. in 1988. This corner was once the location of Salamon Brother's Market.
Patton Heights Elementary School - 1970s
Lt. Aaron Treher.
Cinema world in Monroeville Mall Plaza. 1990.
George L. Johnston. 1920.
James Street in the 1920s.
Mary Martha Maxwell (1846-1918).
Catherine McClintock Young (1831-1913).
Penn Monroe Bar and Grill on Route 22 in the 1970s.
Old Stone Church. c. 1920.
George Robert Johnston IV during WWII.
School Children at Bellwood School. 1933.
Miller's Roadside Stand.
Plaque honoring Dr. John R. Tilbrook from the grateful congregation of the Crossroads Presbyterian Church.
Monroeville Mall in 2005.
"Charo" on stage at the Holiday House. 1983.
Olivi Mary, Evelyn Charlotte, and Beatrice Jane Treher in Turtle Creek in 1918.
McCully House being reconstructed in 1993. (John McCully)
Sam Black Farm House on Mosside Blvd. "Blackridge Farm." (near present-day Sunrise Senior Living Home)
Hampton Inn. 2005.
Samuel L. and Nannie Earle Gillis.
Routes 22 and 48. c. 1960.
Union RR - Hall Locomotive Repair Shops off Thompson Rd.
Westinghouse Air Brake Company Housing at Mellon Plan in the 1920s.
Old Stone Church front entrance in 2013.
Valley Buick Route 22 & Route 48. 1970s.
The Jonnet Building. 2005.
Cole's Cottage. c. 1940.
The Third Cross Roads Church building on Mosside Blvd. c.1960.
Johnston's Airport - 1960s.
The Graham House (c. 1780) on Old Ramsey Road is guarded by "Maggie".
Margaret Bing Monroe. c. 1880.
Robert J. & Essie Glendenning McGinley with daughter Hazel
George Takas' Auto Body Shop in 1970s.
McCollough House in 2006.
Jordan School. c. 1970.
Valley Tower in 2006.
Former Saw Mill - Thompson Run Road. 1970s
Holiday House on Route 22. 1970s.
King's Motel; Rt. 22 at 48 looking east - 1968.
Monroeville's Public Library in 2005.
Thruway Inn.
Samuel Gillis and Michael Powers with their wives.
Miracle Mile Shopping Center. c. 1990.
Tyke's Gas station at Route 22 and Stroschien Rd.
Miracle Mile. c. 1950.
School children.
Cross Roads Church Congregation 1918.
Monroeville Mall - interior, c. 1975.
Red Coach Inn. c. 1950.
Site of Johnston's Dairy Farm in 1987.
San Juan Motel. c. 1960.
Mary Thompson in her "Victory Garden." c. 1940.
Taylor's Auction Barn on Route 22 in the 1950s.
Flea market at Jonnett Plaza. 1982.
The Warner Auto Repair Garage on Northern Pike.
Seaman House in 2006.
Miniature Golf Course at Burke Glen. 1968.
School children.
Brinton House Log Cabin on McGinley Road in the 1920s. (Razed in the 1940s).
Gateway High School. c. 1980.
Beatty Farmhouse on Logan's Ferry Extension in 2006.
La Barbe restaurant in 1926.
Johnny Garneau's Restaurant on Route 22.
Forbes Regional Hospital. c. 1980.
Colbaugh house, 2033 Monroeville Rd. (c. 1880). 1982. (July 14, 1982)
Robert and Mary Thompson with their grandchildren. c. 1940.
Joe Urick Jr, the son of Joe and Rose Urick, grandson of Frank and Dora. c. 1940. In the background is the turkey shed that the family moved into when their farmhouse burned down. All the turkeys were moved to one end, when the family took over the other end for themselves. they lived there for maybe a year. They had been in the process of building a new chicken house. When the house burned down, they finished that building as a house for themselves. Needless to say, it had extremely low ceilings. But that became the new farmhouse.
Picnic at McMasters' Grove. c. 1910.
McCully house with siding stripped away. c. 1992. (John McCully)
Gavity Fill Gas Station on Old Route 22 with gasolene supplied from railroad cars on adjacent hill. c. 1930.
Miracle Mile. 1957.
Floyd Johnston, his wife and grandson with a team of oxen in the 1976 bicentennial parade.
Union Railroad's Steam Locomotive. 1940s.
Rovesti & Bruce Houses, 770 & 754 Patton St. - in the 1930s.
A.B.Smith Co. (Old Rt. 22 near the Parkway.) 1970s.
Haymaker School. c. 1920.
Route 22 with Wm. Penn Fruit Market's open stands. c. 1950.
Minnie Wissman Treher.
Monroeville's Holiday House, a well-known night club, went out of business in the 1980s; in 1989 the building, at the 3700 block of Route 22, was torn down to make way for the Holiday Town Centre shopping mall.
Carothers Farm in 1800s (woodcut).
Burke Glen amusement park. c. 1930.
Parkvale Bldg. on Route 22. 2005.
Greyhound Bus Station at Conley's Motel. (Jospeh Matthews, Station Manager). c. 1990.
Harry Solomon and pony. c. 1950.
Toll Gate Motel at Routes 22 & 48 in the 1970s.
Penn-Monroe Bar and Restaurant on Route 22. c. 1950.
Family Picnic at McMasters' Grove. 1909.
Ida Mae Elliott Sherman and Fred Kuehn in front of the Elliott farm house near Old Wm. Penn Hwy. & Elliott Rd. Built 1905.
John and Pricilla Monroe Weller (daughter of Joel Monroe) with their children in 1907.
Old Stone Church. c. 1980.
Patton Township coal mine in 1922.
John Graham (1775-1830).
Routes 22 and 48 in the 1970s.
Farkas House (c.1930) in 2006.
Evelyn Treher, unk., Olivia Treher at Duff Farm.
Garden City Entrance. c. 1950s.
James Larimar Carlisle.
Turnpike Gardens in 2006.
Miracle Mile Drive-In near Murrysville in the late 1950s.
A demonstration of fire fighting techniques at the original station of Monroeville's Fire Company #5 located behind a gas station at Strochein Road and Business Route 22. (c.1950s).
Bellwood School. c. 1930.
Kuehn's dairy in the late 1980s. The last family-owned dairy farm in Monroeville closed in 1995.
Cross Roads Church Sunday School. c. 1910.
San Juan Motel on Route 22. c. 1960.
Mural of Monroeville by prominent Pittsburgh artist, John Johns, at bank building, 2727 Strochien Rd. 1965.
Mary Martha Maxwell (1846-1918).
Route 22 and Center Rd. 1998.
James McCully built this house on James St. Extension in the 1790s. (later, the Johnston Family's residence). Photo c.1920's.
Good Shepherd Luthern Church on Old Wm Penn Hwy. 2005.
"Lustron" steel house clad in square panels of porcelain enameled steel. (1949). 317 Pinevue Drive.
Penn Super Pharmacy, Community Hardware, Hair Supply. c. 1990.
The University Park Garden Club members prepare for the April Garden Market to held at Kubrick's Nursery on Rt 22, in 1961. L to R: Bob Kubrick, Kay Oswalt, Aenese Straufenberg, Geraldine Giola, Elinor Chadwick, and Alice Witkovich.
Teresa Mirro - "Woman of the Year, 1982."
Entrance to Garden City in 1988.
Harry Solomon with trotter and sulky in the 1950s on the Miller/Solomon Farm.
Graham Log House (c. 1780) off of Old Ramsey Road in 1976.
Richard Maxwell, Sr. on "Bob" and Stan Morse on "Teddy," in 1947.
William Penn Motel at 4139 Wm. Penn Hwy. c. 1960.
Mrs and Mrs Richard Maxwell Sr. in 1986.
Haymaker school.
Zarrella House in 1957.
A & L Motors on Route 22.
Miracle Mile in 1965.
Young's Grocery and Gas Station at Young's Corner near James St. 1930 (rear view).
Grimm Farm houses on Tilbrook Road.
Union Railroad's diesel engine.
Darryl Thompson with "Old Shep." c. 1940s.
Wedding outside the Old Stone Church.
Kuehn's Dairy Farm.
Sewing Club - Cross Roads Church in the 1910s.
Lang Log House at 249 Wallace Dr. 2005.
South Junior H.S. - 1970s.
Holiday House on Route 22. 1970s.
Walko House in 2006.
Kerr-Campbell House in the 1980s.
La Barbe restaurant. 2005.
22 Park Shops (Route 22) - 1970.
Miracle Mile.
Harold and Emma Clugston. 1955.
Monroeville School. C. 1950.
Lang's Gas station on route 22. c. 1920.
Boyd Farmhouse in 2005.
Shay Locomotive of the Cunningham Coal Co., servicing the mines of Patton Township is shown here removing tracks on Center Road.
Old Stone Church (interior). c. 2000.
Miller/Solomon Farm. Boy on a horse; tool shed in background.
Joel Monroe. c. 1880.
Methodist Church. 2005.
The Haymaker/Maxwell House (c.1793) fully restored.
Originally the home of William N. Haymaker at 1256 Northwestern Drive, off Haymaker Road.
Leroy and Helen Rush Thompson at their wedding. c. 1940.
Rovesti and Bruce Houses on Patton st. Extension in 2006.
Boyce Park Administrative Building newly-constructed in 1966.
Colonel Elmer Ellsworth Thompson (1862-1937).
Speelman Farm House.
Gateway High School. 1964.
John Alexander (1849-1889) and Susanna Hoy Thompson (1851-1917).
Holiday House.
Bauman Farmhouse in 2006.
Monroeville Police Dept. at the Ground Breaking ceremony for the new Municipal Building, Aug. 3, 1957. Full-Time Officers (L. to R. , front row):George Gregowich, Andy Rusbarsky, Edward Irwin, John Secko, Charles Gardener, Sylvester Lisic, Koerth Schwartmiller, John Garofolo. Part-Time Officers (L. to R. second row): Charles Castagnero, Gordon Elwood, Verner Smeltz, Charles Howell, William Lewis, Harold Batchen, Harry Myers, John Duncan, Norman Fiorito, Michael Rosipal, Alfred Pitassi, James Thomas, Carmen Marciano, Anthony Blazovich.
Thomas H. Brunner.
Groundbreaking for the Miracle Mile , November 1953. (Don Casto & J. Skillen).
Turnpike Gardens entrance sign in 2005.
Terrace Motel on Route 22. 1969.
Monroevile Mall - fountain.
Bituminous Coal Research off Hochberg Road.
Route 22 between Northern Pike and Center Road.
Edward L. Dardanell, for many years publisher and CEO of Dardanell newspapers including Monroeville's Times- Express.at his office in Monroeville.
Red Hohman, Anthony Winkler, Jean Winkler Colbaugh, and Blondie". c. 1945.
Holiday House - Double H Grill.
Graham Log House (c.1780) in the 1930s.
Clarence Aber (1887-1930).
US Steel Research Center
Burke Glen amusement park with a boardwalk over the stream.ÿ c. 1930s.
Beatty Farmhouse on Logan's Ferry Extension in 1901.
First Monroeville Borough Council. January 10, 1952.
Tom Beatty on the Beatty Farm on Logan's ferry Road in 1940.
Route 22 at Center/Stroschein Rds. c. 1970.
Moss Side Elementary School. c. 1970.
Jordan School on Grandview - 1970s.
School children.
Peg Heasley (Rider and trainer) with Jean Colbaugh (mounted on "Lucky Lady")at a horse show in Monroeville at the Speelman farm in the 1950s.
Rebecca Monroe Duff.
Miracle Mile at night. c. 1950.
Family outing on Tilbrook Road. c. 1920.
Miller/Solomon Farm. The building in the background is the summer kitchen used to separate milk and cream, and also used as the kitchen for Passover. Foreground is Maurice Miller with his wife, Shirley.
Hohman's Market, 1224 James St.. c. 1990.
Johnston/Gosnell Family house. c. 1970.
In time, the house passed to the family of Wilmer (“Moke”) Gosnell who had married Esther Johnston. Wilmer Gosnell was to work at the Homestead Mills of US Steel until his retirement in 1969. About that time, the Gosnells sold the house and property to developers who were planning the Ivanhoe Apartments on the site. The old house was torn down and the remains were buried to make way for the apartments.
Clarence Hall with his US Mail Truck in 1948.
James McCully built this house on James St. Extension in the 1790s. (later, the Johnston Family's residence).
Graham Log house (c. 1780) off Old Ramsey Road. 1985.
Rising Sun Inn (as private residence of Sam Dixon family).
Route 22 looking east near Rt. 48 (Kaufmann's on right). c.1960.
Florence Gertrude Solomon.
James McCully built this house on James St. Extension in the 1790s. (Later, the Johnston Family's residence). This photo shows the house before it was restored.
Monroeville Water Authority on Old Wm Penn Hwy.
Patton Twp. Road crew with Andrew J. Elliott, Supervisor, on far left.
Sawka House (c1924) on Patton St. Ext.,in 2006.
Monroevile Mall - interior.
Taylor's Auction Barn on Route 22. c. 1950.
Joseph Horne Co., in Monroeville Mall. 1969.
Conley House in 2006.
Corn Crib on Wallace Drive (in 2008) - a reminder of Monroeville's agricultural past.
Eat 'n Park restaurant on Route 22. c. 1990.
McCully Log House after being modernized. (c. 1985). (John McCully)
La Barbe restaurant. c. 1950.
John and Sarah Graham. Wedding Photo. c. 1910.
Manor House Apartments (c. 1900). 2446 Johnston Rd. 1982.
San Juan Motel in the late 1940s.
Duff Farm. c. 1930.
Richard Maxwell, Jr. and "Daisy." in 1947.
Mellon Plan School - 1970s
Margaret Beatty.
Christmas display on Mt. Pleasant Drive. 1996.
George C. Johnston and family, c. 1900.
William Beatty.
The Penn Mor Hotel and Restaurant. The Amantea family built and ran the Penn Mor Hotel on Mosside Boulevard in the 1940s and 50s. This 1955 photo shows Adam and Joe Amantea tending the restaurant's bar.
Duck Pond at Monroeville's Restland Cemetery. 1997.
Matlack House in 2006.
Robert and Martha Johnston. c. 1880.
Monroeville Mall. c. 1970.
Burke Glen amusement park. Original oil paining by Kathleen Ferri.
George Johnston.
Mary Pianting Winkler. 1932.
Kaufmann's Department Store on Route 22 near Route 48.
Leonora Beatty.
The White Swan Bar and Restaurant on Monroeville Blvd in early 1940s-1950s. Original owners Emil and Nick Colbaugh; later Augie Bates.
Monroeville Mall shortly after opening in July 1969.
Monroeville Fire Company #5 began in 1955 in the side garage bay of the Gulf Service Station located at Strochein Road and Business Route 22. The company later (1964) moved to a new location on Seco Road in Monroeville's Business Park.
Sarah Sylves Thompson (1909-1995) with her Patton Twp. classroom.
McCully House. c. 1990. (John McCully)
View from Cross Roads Cemetery looking north in 2001.
Monroeville's Maintenance Department on May 25, 1976.Top Row: L. to R.: John Anderson, Herb Spat, John Fisher, Gene Meticvitch, Nick Zdjelar, Chad Honey, Tom McKay, Rib Felton, Fred Otto, Ralph Pivorttio, Den Spritz, James Madejerick, John Mazak, Ron Korner. Bottom Row: L. to R. Bob Jahn, J.P.Taylor, Mark Ruffing, Hank Masters, Bill Speelman, Zig Matuski, Ed Solusky, Walt Sobol, Dan Skiles.
Gateway Middle School. 2005.
Wm. Penn Motel, Burger King and Sunrise Inn. Route 22. 1995.
Sportsmen's bar on Old Wm. Penn Hwy. in the late 1940s.
Clugston School in 1914.
McMasters' Grove - Cross Roads Church Sunday school Picnic.
Thokar House in the 1940s.
Valley Buick Shopping Center on Route 22 in the 1970s.
Jonnet Plaza.
Old Windmill restaurant on Old Route 22. c. 1930.
Lucas Schafer, "Weedy " Prvts, and John L. Schafer.
Penn-Monroe Bar and Grill on Route 22. 2005.
Municipal Water Authority along Old Route 22.
Burke Glen amusement park and roller coaster. c. 1920.
Puttsburgh-Monroeville Airport (aerial view). 1969.
Nick Marie's Esta-Esta Restaurant on Route 22.
Union Railroard train at the North Bessemer shops of the P&LE RR. c. 1950s.
Routes 22 and 48 facing west in 2005.
Veteran's Ceremonies at the Old Stone Church. c. 1910.
Monroeville Borough Building. 1957.
Mary Cole at Cole's Restaurant (1947). In the background are tailings from the strip mine where the Miracle Mile is now (2008) located.
Johnston's Field in the 1950s.
Beatty Family (Ann, Robert, Stewart, & William). c. 1909.
Eagles' Club - Boyd's Hill - 1970s
Roy Jackson Elliott (b. 1927) and Alice Smith Elliott (b.1930). 2007.
Holiday House - Rose Room.
Bethel Presbyterian Church.
St. Nicholas Serbian Eastern Orthodox Church. 2005.
Children of Robert & Essy McGinley - 1920s.
Westinghouse Air Brake Company (WABCO) Housing at Boyd Hill. c 1923.
Advertisement for Monroeville Mall. 1983.
Samuel Gillis.
McGinley House. 1998.
Jordan School. c. 1950.
Swimming Pool at Burke Glen.
William Penn Motel on Route 22.
James and Rebecca Carlisle at their wedding at Hill Crest farm.
Miracle Mile. c.1970.
Radio Hill along Route 48 (later the Gateway H.S. campus) as seen from Loehmann's Plaza. 1985.
Penn Super Pharmacy on route 22. c. 1950.
The original of Monroeville's Holiday inn Bldg on Mosside Blvd. c. 1970.
Monroeville Airport. 2005.
Garden City Swimming Pool.
Ricahrd Maxwell on "Big Red". c. 1950.
Monroeville's Municipal Building in 2006.
Johnston's Dairy Farm in 1980.
Charles Raymond Warner, Sr., heavy equipment operator for Warner Excavators, is seen in the front of Warner's auto garage on Northern Pike (c. 1925).
Display card for Monroevill'e Time Capsule on display in 1976.
The Tollgate Motel.
Alphina and Anton Winkler. c. 1900.
Taylor's Auction Barn in the 1950s.
Miracle Mile shopping center. 1987.
WABCO Workers housing on Boyd's Hill.
Miracle Mile Shopping Center. 1960s.
Westinghouse Nuclear Center
Northern Pike Elementary School. 2005.
Stella Cain Bachman c. 1920.
Monroeville Road near the US Steel labs. c. 1950.
School children.
Assembly of God Church in 2005.
Office of Dr. McDonald, 3538 Northern Pike in 2005. Extensively remodeled, this structure was the first stagecoach stop in Monroeville -- the Rising Sun Inn.
Veteran's Memorial across from Borough Building.
La Barbe Barbeque and Restaurant. c. 1930.
Ball Famiy's Studebaker stuck in the mud of the (unpaved) Haymaker Road. c. 1950s.
Wedding picture George Bachman and Stella Cain Bachman - Oct. 1908.
Wallace (Naser) House on Moss Side Blvd. (c. 1800). Original property deed by James Irwin to George Miller a private in the Revolutionary War in 1805 It descended to James Michael and then to William Wallace, and most recently to the Naser's. (Razed.)
Red Coach Inn - Bar.
The Penn Mor Hotel and Restaurant. The Amantea family (bothers Joe, George, Albert, and Adam) built and ran the Penn Mor Hotel at the southern end of Mosside Blvd. The building was erected in 1947 as a hotel for workers who needed convenient rooms and meals. The restaurant expanded to serve a heavy volume of lunch-time customers from local businesses (Westinghouse Printing in Trafford, Westinghouse Electric, etc) with favorites being Hot Sausage on Bun and Pasta dishes. Eventually the brothers expanded the building to included banquet facility with large ballrooms (first and second floors) for dances, wedding receptions, and conferences. The business was sold in 1957.
Monroeville Mall. c. 1970.
Old Stone Church. c. 1980.
The Haymaker/Maxwell House (c.1793) as modernized in the 1940s.
Originally the home of William N. Haymaker at 1256 Northwestern Drive, off Haymaker Road.
Conley's Motel and Restaurant on route 22. c. 1960.
Young's Grocery and Gas Station at Young's Corner near James St. 1930.
The Jae family. Children of Elizabeth Jordan Jae.
Workers building the Pennsylvania Turnpike near Monroeville in the 1950s.
Route 22 facing east in 2005.
Kerr-Campbell House in the 2006.
Cinemette East on Mall Boulevard. c. 1970. One of the last movie theaters in Monroeville was eventually closed and a (Best Buy) retail store erected on the site.
Miller/Solomon Farm. Mrs. Elizabeth ("Betty") Miller.
The Miller Family in the 1950s
The Ice Skating Rink at Monroeville Mall. c. 1970.
Mrs. Betty Miller on the Miller/Solomon Farm.
Joesph and Mary Mann McClintock.
First Air Mail service to leave Johnston's Air Port in 1938.
Route 22 looking east from the overpass in 1997.
Kuehn's Dairy Farm (Monroeville's last family-owned dairy farm) c.1970s.
Billy Speelman and "Parson" at the Speelman house.
Phoenix Motel on Route 22. c. 1960.
The Palace Inn Motel on Route 48. 2005. (razed 2009. Current location of UPMC Hospital)
Harry Solomon and "Mo." c. 1950.
Tucker's Hotel on Route 22 near Duff Road. c. 1950.
US Steel Research Center (aerial view). c. 1960.
School at Saunders Station and Haymaker Rds. 1927.
The Penn Mor Hotel and Restaurant under construction at the lower (southern) end of Mosside Boulevard in 1947.
Miracle Mile. c. 1950.
Patton Township Fire Truck from Fire Company Number 1, a 1939 International Pumper, seen here in the Fourth of July parade.
Beatty's Restaurant on Route 22 near Strochein Road.
Frank and Dora Urick on the Urick Farm.
Union Railroad's Hall Shops and Roundhouse. c 2000.
Holiday inn on Mosside Blvd. 2005.
The Haymaker/Maxwell House (c.1793) after 1990's addition.
Originally the home of William N. Haymaker at 1256 Northwestern Drive, off Haymaker Road.
Phoenix Motel on Route 22.
Schafer Family (Lena Schafer Johnston, John Schafer, George Schafer, and Grandma Schafer).
Old Stone Church. 1998.
Boyd Log House (unrestored). 2005.
Minnie Johnston.
McCully House being restored in the 1990s. (John McCully)
Route 22. view from Miracle Mile. c. 1990.
Jonnet Building c. 1980.
Monroeville Mall shortly after opening in July 1969.
La Barbe restaurant. c. 1920.
Matelan House in 2006.
Coal Tipple (remodeled) on Old Route 22 (2009).
Willow Springs Farmhouse in 2006.
Walko residence. Moderne-style house at 554 Haymaker Road. (Sold May 2005 to make way for townhouses).
Taylor's Auction Barn on route 22. c. 1950.
John & Martha Johnston.
MacGregor Road Bridge. 1998.
Former Roosevelt School on thomspon Run Rd. c. 1970.
Ice Cream container from Kuehn's Dairy Farm - Monroeville's last functioning dairy farm which ceased operation in the mid-1990s.
Charles Vercelli on the Vercelli Farm - C. 1930s.
Patton Township Coal Mine in 1922
Fountains in Monroeville Mall shortly after opening in July 1969.
Rush Barn along Tilbrook Rd.
Route 22 east at Center and Stroschein (Salamon Brother's Market). c. 1950.
Kuehn's Dairy Farm. c. 1980.
A team of oxen is seen on Northern Pike in front of Warner's Auto Repair in this 1920s photo.
Young's Grocery and Gas station, near James St. c. 1930.
Auction Barn (Thomas Berry, Auctioneer with John Palak). c. 1950.
School Children at Clugston School.
Johnston's Dairy Farm. The oldest family farm in Monroeville, Johnston's Dairy farm finally went out of business in the early 1980s when the land along Monroeville Blvd. was sold to developers.
Henry Duff and Rebecca Monroe Duff.
Corner of Monroeville Blvd. and Jamison Lane. 1998.
Kuehn's Dairy Farm. c. 1980.
Duff Family, Labor Day, 1915.
Hohmann Farmhouse near Young's Corner in 2006.
Auction Barn -- Behind the auctioneer's stand (Linda Schafer, Dan Schafer, & Rudolph "Weedy" Prvts. (1955).
John Lucas Schafer in front of thye family home at 2003 Haymaker Road.
Ethel May McGinley (b. 1912).
The Haymaker/Maxwell House (c.1793) in 1947.
Originally the home of William N. Haymaker at 1256 Northwestern Drive, off Haymaker Road.
Miracle Mile in 2006.
Tailings from strip mine at Old William Penn and Center Road. Catherine Wray, long time resident of Monroeville, is pictured. (c.1930s).
Holiday House on Route 22. c. 1980.
Old Stone Church. c. 1980.
Monroeville Mall - Schraft's Restaurant.
Stroschein's Cross Roads Atlantic Gas Station. c. 1930.
The Burger King on the north side of Route 22 (across from the Miracle Mile) in about 1970.
US Post Office on Monroeville Blvd. 1970s.
McCully House at original location on Queen Drive. c. 1992. (John McCully)
PPG Industries, 440 College Park Drive. In 2012.
The Joel Duff Family. (Rebecca Monroe Duff, Olivia Evelyn Treher, Lavinia Weller, Anna Duff, unk., Joel Duff).
McKinney Farmhouse in 2006.
Monroeville Mall. c. 1970.
James E. Speelman at a horse show on the Speelman farm (near today's Hill Crest Church) in the 1950s. James Speelman later went on to found the Diamond Cab Company in the east suburbs.
Miracle Mile Shopping Center. c. 1990.
Several facilities of the Westinghouse Company were consolidated in late 1970 with the move to the newly-constructed Westinghouse Nuclear Center, near the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The building was built to serve as the design and engineering center for Westinghouse's pressurized reactor systems. Eventually, the facility became the Westinghouse Energy Center, the name it bears today (2008).
Blanche Jordan Jae.
Highway Auto Store in the 1940s.
Two ladies riding in an early automobile in front of the Old Stone Church. c.1910.
Veterans Celebrations at the Old Stone Church - c.1900.
Frank Urick (1881-1946) with horse "Babe" on the Urick farm c. 1937
US Steel Research Labs. 1955.
Monroeville's Time Capsule being buried at Flag Plaza near the Old Stone Church in 1976.
Group portrait of the inhabitants of Mellon Plan/ Boyd's Hill in 1918.
Route 22 east from overpass near Northern Pike. c. 1950.
Strochein Road from Jonette Bldg. looking north. 1993.
McKean Cadillac dealership on Route 22.
Monroeville's Holiday inn. Original Building on Mosside blvd. 1970. (aerial view).
Hill Crest Farm House on Northern Pike in 1915 (later site of Presidential Apartments).
George Johnston in 1979.
Miracle Mile (Murphy's Meats and Islay's). 1991.
Daniel and Catherine Jenker McMunn -- descendents of Martha Miers.
Monroeville Drive-In Theater on Northern Pike.
A Monroeville Historical Society event held at McGinely House in 1982 (L. to R. Michelle, Lois Lyman, Marilyn Chandler, Lynn Chandler, Lois Alworth)
James McClintock at Decoration Day, Hannahstown, May 30, 1926.
Penn Super Pharmacy on Route 22 in the 1950s.
Rebecca Gillis Sooy, Great- Great- Great-Granddaughter of Joel Monroe showing deed to the Monroe property.
Fourth of July celebrations at Grimm Farm, on Tilbrook Road.
Kuehn brothers (Fred, Carl, and Bud) on horse.
Ice skating Rink in Monroeville Mall in 1983. (closed in 1983).
James McCully built this house on James St. Extension in the 1790s. (later, the Johnston Family's residence). Photo c.1920's
Holiday House Advertisement - March, 1988.
Margaret Duff Treher.
Pianting Family (Elizabeth, Frances, Lilly, Peggy, "Dog", and Charles). c. 1912.
Union Railraod - Hall Locomotive Repair Shops
Jean Winkler Colbaugh and "Lovely Lady." c. 1944.
Monzo's Howard Johnsons. Located on Route 48 near the intersection with Route 22, this motel lost the "Howard Johnsons" designation but continued on in business into the 2000s. Eventually it was closed and the land sold as the site for a future hospital.
Monroeville Mall under construction. 1968.
Mrs. Betty Miller and Piper Cub.
Kaufmann's Department Store on Route 22.
Penn Hall Academy. 1970s.
Route 22 looking West in 2005.
The Bradley House (c. 1860) at 2340 Saunders Station Road, in 2004.
US Post Office on Monroeville Blvd. c. 1980.
Jack Speelman driving the pony wagon with his brothers Tom and Bill, his uncle Will, and his mother.
Joseph L. Kiren building the Kiren House on McKinney Road.
Monroeville Mall - ice skating rink, c. 1975.
Robert Thompson (1873-1944) with grandson Darryl in the 1940s.
Hindu Jain Temple in University Park. 2005.
Old Stone church Rose Window in 2013
Tucker's hotel on route 22. c. 1946.
Menu from Cole's Cottage on Route 22 at Center rd. c. 1953.
U.S. Steel Research Labs off Jamison Lane shortly after opening in 1956.
Jean Winkler Colbaugh and "Taxi." c.1944.
The Holiday House and Route 22. c. 1950.
McCully House. c. 2000. (John McCully)
Chester Beatty in the cab of Beatty Farm delivery van in 1952.
Gravity Fill Gas station on Old Route 22 with staff.
Miracle Mile in 2005.
Myrtle, Alice and Edna Holt with the family's 1915 Studebaker.
Removal of Railroad tracks for mine servicing near Route 22 and Center Road.
chrismas card from Hill Crest Farm.
Airmail envelope embossed with Johnston's Airport return. 1941.
Groundbreaking for Kaufmann's Store. 1960.
The Old Stone Church. 1934.
johnston's Dairy Farm. c. 1970.
McGinley and McCully Houses, winter, 2010.
School children at Clugston School.
Miracle Mile in the late 1950s.
Crossroads Church on Haymaker Road. 2005.
William Sposito, Ken Krusey, and Rich Gessinger before the Lang/Sposito log house as it was being modernized in 1939.
Original Beatty Farm House. c. 1870.
Paul Aiken. 1986.
The US Post Office in Monroeville. 2005.
Krusey's Cement Block Co., on Wallace Drive, in 2008.
Christmas card from the Wilcox family at Willow Springs Farm.
Old Stone Church in 1915.
Alice Jane (Berger)Hall on her wedding day in 1914.
Old Stone Church - Dec. 2008. (Photographer: John Howard, Jeanette, Pa.).
Route 22 looking west towards Wlikins Twp. c. 1960.
Best Buy in Monroeville Mall plaza. 2006.
King's Motel on Route 22. 2005. (razed in 2013)
Miracle Mile. c. 1960.
Roy Chester Elliott (1896-1980) and Abbie Elliott (1903-1996).
Evening on Route 22 near the Miracle Mile Shopping Center (photo by Gene Bolch).
First Air Mail at Johnston Field - 1938 (l to r: 1- Herbert F Miller; 2-Johnston; 5-.H. Vogel, instructor ; 6-P. Ball, Gulf Aviation; 7-Teresa James (later USAF Major).
Hamilton House (Triangle Restaurant) on old Route 22 near Center Road.
Monroevile Mall - skating rink.
David Maxwell (1822- ).
Nannie Earle Gillis.
George C. and Mary Johnston in the mid 1930s.
Victoria Station restaurant off Stroschein Rd. c. 1980.
Park Diner on Route 22. c. 1990.
Haymaker Rd. (unpaved). 1950s.
Mosside Blvd in 2011 (Photo by Gene Bolch) .
Josiah Young.
La Barbe restaurant showing outdoor dance floor in back. c. 1950.
Graham Farmhouse (now gone) near today's Garden City.
The Holiday House, located on the north side of Route 22 in the 2700 block, was a popular night club that featured "big name" entertainers from the 1950s to the 1980s. It closed its doors in the late 1980s, and the land was sold for development.
Kaufmann's Department Store on Route 22. 1986.
Johnston's Dairy Farm c.1970.
Mellon Plan School. c. 1940.
Steam Locomotive (Baldwin type 0102) built for the Union Railroad in the 1940s.
Cole family in 1945.
Pittsburgh Corning Co. 1962.
Henningsen contemporary log house.
Pivorotto House in 2006.
Miller/Solomon Farm - McGinley House. In front, Mary Solomon Linhart and Clara Louise. By side porch, Betty Miller.
Harvest Home picnic held at McMaster's Grove, August, 1916.
Route 22 at Northern Pike. 2005.
Joe Burton. Monroeville Councilman and MHS member, c. 1980.
