Make history with your event at the Old Stone Church
The Old Stone Church, gleaming in the sun on its island of green, looks serenely down on modern urbanized Monroeville all around it; an enduring monument to simpler times. Located in the center of the community, the building is Monroeville’s most distinctive landmark. The church is owned by the Municipality of Monroeville and has been placed under the stewardship of the Monroeville Historical Society who oversees its preservation, and makes it available to the public for weddings, meetings and special events.
The church is located at the corner of Monroeville Boulevard and Stoschein Road in Monroeville. If using a GPS, the address is: 4000 Monroeville Blvd., Monroeville PA, 15146
Limited space is set aside at the entrance as “pull off” parking reserved for the bridal party. Additional parking is available at the “Get-Go” across Monroeville Blvd from the Church (4000 Monroeville Blvd.), and at the nearby “Petco” lot across Stroschein Road (2723 Stroschein Rd.). Please DO NOT park in the "Eat 'n Park" lot.
The church is non-denomenational although the building reflects its Christian heritage. Couples considering a marriage ceremony will select the officiant of your choice. In addition, lists of local clergy, musicians, and wedding photographers are available upon request.
There is seating for 160 guests. An organ, piano, table for a unity candle and a pair of tall candelabras are available. Seperate changing areas for the bride and groom as well as restrooms and a common lounge area. Numerous restaurants, hotels and shopping nearby.
|Application Fee. The Application Fee is non-refundable.||$50||$50|
|Security deposit. The Security Deposit is conditionally refunded after the wedding.||$100||$100|
For use of the church by groups (such as a church congregation) on a recurring basis. Please Contact the Monroeville Historical Society (see below) for more information.
For a single day use of the church by a group for a meeting, baptism or funeral. A flat fee of $150 for the day of use plus a $100 security deposit is required. The security deposit is returned following the event.
Those interested in using the church facilities, please contact us through the "Contact Us" page.
For information on group tours and events, call the Monroeville Historical Society at: 412-856-1000.
Leroy and Helen Rush Thompson at their wedding. c. 1940.
Wedding in the Old Stone Church.
Alice Jane (Berger)Hall on her wedding day in 1914.
Wedding at Old Stone Church.
Old Stone Church. 1998.
Old Stone Church (interior). c. 2000.
The Penn Mor Hotel and Restaurant. The Amantea family (bothers Joe, George, Albert, and Adam) built and ran the Penn Mor Hotel at the southern end of Mosside Blvd. The building was erected in 1947 as a hotel for workers who needed convenient rooms and meals. The restaurant expanded to serve a heavy volume of lunch-time customers from local businesses (Westinghouse Printing in Trafford, Westinghouse Electric, etc) with favorites being Hot Sausage on Bun and Pasta dishes. Eventually the brothers expanded the building to included banquet facility with large ballrooms (first and second floors) for dances, wedding receptions, and conferences. The business was sold in 1957.
James and Rebecca Carlisle at their wedding at Hill Crest farm.
Wedding picture George Bachman and Stella Cain Bachman - Oct. 1908.
Old Stone Church (interior). 2006.
John and Sarah Graham. Wedding Photo. c. 1910.
Wedding outside the Old Stone Church.